Adapt one or two XMC PCI Express VITA 42.3 modules to an AXI Express slot
- Adapt one or two XMC PCI Express VITA 42.3 modules to an AXI Express slot
- Supports PCIe gen3: up to 8 lanes to each XMC Module; up to 16 lanes from AXIe backplane
- Transparent PCIe bridge operation
- Eight high speed gigabit transceivers (GTH lanes) from each XMC P16 exposed to dual, front-panel QSFP connectors
- 4 differential pairs routed from each P16 to a high-speed, front panel Samtec connector
- IEEE 1384 XMC mechanicals
- 100W power provided to each module
- Robust Face Plate
- Thermal plane and conductive rails improve module cooling
- Consumes one AXIe slot
- Supports newest XMC cards including:
- Innovative 5 GHz analog I/O, using the Kintex XCKU060/XCKU085 Ultrascale FPGA
The AXIe Dual XMC module adapter allows one or two standard 75 x 150mm PCIe XMC modules to be used in an AXI Express slot. The XMC modules must be VITA 42.3-compatible and each may support up to eight PCI Express lanes via J15. The adapter is completely transparent to PCI Express, so no drivers are required. All PCIe bus signals from the AXI Express host bus (up to 16 lanes) are connected through a PCIe switch to the two XMC sites. The AXIe adapter can be utilized with Innovative Integration XMC cards including our newest generation models which provide 5 GHz analog I/O and use the Kintex XCKU060/XCKU085 Ultrascale FPGA.
Eight, high-speed serial signals from each XMC P16 connector are routed to front-panel QSFP connectors for high speed signals at speeds up to 10 GHz. The connectors provide a simple way to “patch-panel” communications links between cards, ideal for beam steering and coprocessing applications.
The XMC P16 connector also routes differential matched-length pairs to a high-performance, front-panel Samtec connector. Special support for trigger and timing inputs to Innovative XMC modules is provided through their front-panel SMA/SMMC connectors or AXIe backplane differential signals.
Convective cooling of each XMC module is supported via an integrated heat spreader assembly whose fins are exposed to the chassis air stream.
The XMC module mounts securely to the adapter using standoffs and the face plate. The face plate supports standard XMC bezels and an EMI gasket.