Ready programmed Digital Receiver Instrument based on FMC-250.
- Two 16-bit, 250 MHz ADCs
- Analog bandwidth: 5 – 300 MHz (AC Coupled)
- Xilinx Kintex-7 K410T2 FPGA
- Intel Atom Quad Core, 8 GB RAM, 300 GB SSD, Win 7 Embedded 64-bit
- Sustained logging rate up-to 800 MByte/s
- Embedded power meter
Digital Down-Converter (DDC)
- Eight independent 16-bit DDC channels
- Programmable tuner: DC – 125 MHz; resolution 0.0582 Hz
- Programmable bandwidth: 2 KHz – 50 MHz
- DDC outputs SNR > 55 dB; SFDR > 75 dB
- Spectrum inversion for ADC under-sampling
- Support synchronous down-sampling on multiple channels and modules using external clock/trigger
- Synchronous VITA 49 timestamp
- Single wide-band/narrow-band 32K points FFT
- Eight Windowing available
- Programmable FFT update rate
- Programmable maximum hold mode
- Threshold limited spectrum monitoring up-to 512 bin
The wideband digital receiver has eight independent channels of DDC and one spectrum analyzer embedded in the Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA. It allows users to monitor the wide-band or narrow band spectrum and record the data directly from the ADCs or down-convert the channels modulated on the IF band. The receiver can do contiguous recording at 800 MByte until running out of disk space.
Each wideband digital receiver DDC has its own programmable tuner, programmable low- pass filtering, gain control, and decimation setting, supporting output bandwidths up-to 50 MHz. The data is packetized in VITA 49 format with the accurate timestamps, synchronous to the external PPS signal. The DDC channel can be enabled and disabled on the fly to save the storage and bandwidth to the host computer. The embedded power meter monitors the power (dBFS) of the ADC inputs, allowing users to perform possibly analog gain control in the external front-end device, not included in the system.
The spectrum analyzer, which incorporates windowing, calculates the wide-band spectrum of the ADC data or the narrow-band spectrum of the DDC output data at the programmable update rate. The maximum hold helps to retain the information in the spectrum and the programmable threshold monitoring spectrum detects the spectral activities up-to 512 bins.
A development kit is available for custom designs. Users can insert their custom-made cores to create more advanced applications.
- Analogue to Digital Converter(s) = Intersil ISL216P25
- FPGA = Xilinx Kintex7
- Digital to Analogue = N/A
- Digital Receiver/Recorder
- Spectrum Analysis
- Software Defined Radio