XMC module site to PCIe-over-cable Adapter Card with Onboard DC-DC Power Supplies
- Extremely Small Footprint: 80 x 160 mm
- Allows placement of XMC module near Unit
- Under Test to reduce noise pickup and simplify cabling
- Allows XMC module operation outside of noisy PC environment
- Configurable IO uses standard XMC IO modules. Add anything from RF receivers to industrial control modules.
- Rugged Enclosure with integrated cooling
- Tethered or Autonomous Operation
- AC or 12V DC-Only Operation
- PCI Express IO sites deliver sustained
- 220MB/s to Host CPU memory via cable
- Supports Innovative X3 and X5 IO module features for triggering and timing features
Carrier card featuring one VITA 42.3-compliant XMC module site supporting a PCI Express connection to host computer via a standard PCI Express external cable.
Communication at peak rates of 250 MB/s through cables up to ten meters in length to host computers equipped with a cabled PCIe interface are supported. Desktop PCs lacking this interface may use the optional desktop adapter card whereas laptop PCs may use the optional laptop adapter card to add cabled PCI Express bus capability.
Multiple carrier boards may be interfaced to a single PC using the PCIe-over-cable switch allowing virtually unlimited I/O expansion distributed over a local area network. Perfect for test equipment, .laboratories and manufacturing hubs. Co-location of the XMC module and the unit under test (UUT) reduces cable lengths and noise susceptibility.
The carrier card may optionally be packaged in a small, rugged aluminum enclosure (1U x 1/4 rack width), providing conductive cooling for the XMC card complementing the carrier’s fan to accommodate modules with high-power-dissipation.
Innovative X5-series XMC modules, which boot from flash, may operate using this carrier without any host cable connection whatsoever, creating an autonomous, FPGA-based digital signal processing node capable of real-time (servo) control or analog I/O subsystem.