Fast, Simple PCI/PCI-X Adaptation for XMC Modules
- XMC PCI Express VITA 42.3 module to a PCI slot
- PCI 64-bit, 66 MHz interface
- XMC.3 PCI Express, 4 lane interface
- Transparent operation
- 264MB/s burst transfer rate (host dependent)
- Sustained data rates to 220 MB/s (host dependent)
- P16 connector breakout to MDR68
- IEEE 1384 XMC mechanicals
- Lane active LED indicators
- Robust end bracket
- Large opening improves XMC module cooling
- Half-size PCI card
The PCI-X to XMC.3 module adapter allows a single width PCI Express XMC module to be used in a PCI/PCI-X slot. The XMC module is VITA 42.3 compatible and supports x4 PCI Express lanes.
The adapter is completely transparent to PCI-X operations through a PCI-X to PCI Express bridge. The bridge enumerates as a standard PCI device. When used in a PCI-X 133 MHz 64 bit slot, the adapter provides 490 MB/s sustained transfer rates between the XMC module and the host system.
The J16 connector breakout provides convenient access to all J16 signals through an MDR 68 connector. Signals from J16 are routed as differential pairs to JP1 so that high speed IO standards can be used to the cable.
Special support for triggering and clocks for Innovative’s X3 family of XMC IO modules supports multi-card systems and easier system integration. Sharing sample or reference clocks, as well as triggers, is simplified the dedicated SMB inputs on the adapter.
XMC cooling is provided using both a fan and conduction cooling. Conduction cooling pattern conforms to VITA20 specification.
No software is required to operate the adapter. The bridge driver is a standard device in Windows and Linux systems.