Fast, Simple PCI Express Adaptation for XMC X5 Modules, 8 lanes
- Adapt one XMC PCI Express VITA 42.3 module to a desktop PCI Express slot
- Supports up to 8 lanes
- Transparent Operation
- 8 high speed expansion ports from XMC
- J16 using SATA connectors
- 32 differential pairs routed from Pn4 to rear MDR68
- IEEE 1384 XMC mechanicals
- >50W power provided to the module
- Auxiliary power connector for 12V
- Configurable XMC VPWR connections
- Robust end bracket
- Optional fan provides 12 CFM air flow
- Thermal plane and conductive rails improve module cooling
- ~½ size PCI Express card
The PCI Express to XMC module adapter allows a single width XMC module to be used in a PCI Express slot. The XMC module is VITA 42.3 compatible and supports up to eight PCI Express lanes. The adapter is completely transparent to PCI Express. All signals from the PCI Express host bus are connected directly to the XMC module.
The XMC P16 connector is routed to SATA connectors for high speed signals at speeds up to 3GHz. The connectors provide a simple way to “patch-panel” communications links between cards.
The XMC Jn4 connector routes differential matched-length pairs to the MDR68 connector at the rear of the card. Special support for trigger and timing inputs to Innovative XMC modules is provided through SMA connectors.
More power to the XMC module may be provided by using the optional power connector to the adapter card. The power connector provides +12V to the adapter and powers the on-card 3.3V, 15A DC-DC power supply. Power to the XMC VPWR inputs is configurable using jumpers on the card.
Conduction cooling using VITA20 standard, as well as an optional fan, provide cooling to the XMC module.
The XMC module mounts securely to the adapter using standoffs and with the end bracket. The bracket mates to standard PMC end brackets and supports an EMI gasket.