XMC PXIe bus adapter: Fast, Simple PXIe Adaptation for XMC Modules
- XMC PXIe Bus Adapter
- Adapt one XMC PCI Express VITA 42.3 module to a PXI Express slot
- Supports up to 8 lanes, PCIe gen3
- Transparent Operation
- Eight high speed expansion ports from XMC J16 using dual QSFP connectors
- 8 differential pairs routed from JN4 to high- speed, front panel Samtec connector
- IEEE 1384 XMC mechanicals
- >50W power provided to the module
- Auxiliary power connector for 12V
- Robust end bracket
- Fan provides 12 CFM air flow
- Thermal plane and conductive rails improve module cooling
- Consumes two adjacent PXIe slots
- Innovative XMC cards including our newest generation which provide 5 GHz analog I/O & use the Kintex XCKU060/XCKU085 Ultrascale FPGA
The XMC PXIe Bus Adapter (PXI Express to XMC module) adapter allows a standard 75 x 150mm PCIe XMC module to be used in a PXI Express slot. The XMC module must be VITA 42.3-compatible and may support up to eight PCI Express lanes. The adapter is completely transparent to PCI Express. All PCIe bus signals from the PXI Express host bus are connected directly to the XMC module. The PXIe XMC adapter can be utilized with all Innovative XMC cards including our newest generation models which provide 5 GHz analog I/O and use the Kintex XCKU060/XCKU085 Ultrascale FPGA.
The XMC P16 connector is routed to QSFP connectors for high speed signals at speeds up to 6 GHz. The connectors provide a simple way to “patch-panel” communications links between cards.
The XMC JN4 connector routes differential matched-length pairs to a high-performance Samtec connector in the slot adjacent to the XMC module. Special support for trigger and timing inputs to Innovative XMC modules is provided through their front-panel SMA/SMMC connectors.
Conduction cooling using VITA20 standard, as well as an optional fan, provide cooling to the XMC module.
The XMC module mounts securely to the adapter using standoffs and with the end bracket. The bracket mates to standard PMC end brackets and supports an EMI gasket.